"when lightning strikes..."


"when lightning strikes...", originally uploaded by bR!@n.

Life has a weird way of doing things. Somehow feels like I'm retracing my steps.

Being back here feels so surreal. I know I've been here before, but somehow everything feels so different and at the same time so much the same as they were three years ago.



How many times have I walked through these same streets, going to the office and coming home? Familiar stalls line up the sidewalks as I recall the times I pass them everyday. Almost all the things I remember stayed the same and it's only me whose changed. It was like being misplaced in time. A younger me used to explore this city, but now it's just me.. all grown up with the burden of responsibility.


The setting was certainly different. The circumstances were all the same. It was work that landed me here before, a junior engineer excited to explore a new town. For one month, this was my city and I enjoyed its experience.


Now three years after, I'm back right smack in the middle of it. A lot has happened and although physically the city hasn't changed a bit, I know I have. 


back from taiwan... (April 29, 2008)
: http://bhry23.multiply.com/journal/item/9/back_from_taiwan...

Comments

Popular Posts